Topic: Music Player Daemon for Chumby

I have cross compiled Music Player Daemon with ffmpeg from svn as a input plugin and ALSA as the output, every other streaming input and most tagging stuff compiled in. This should handle most every audio format out there, and stripped is about 6MB binary size. I do plan on taking a week or so to make it a bit more mature and make sure there's no problem. I've tested it so far by mounting my NFS mount with all kinds of music (a bit over 3TB) the update took a couple of hours, probably just due to hardware restrictions and network speed. Is there any interest in releasing this binary along with the other mpd sources on the sf.net page?

Also, I really don't get the allure of using the pipe stuff, but MPD does have a pipe output so if I could figure out the reason to use it I would give the chumby mpd.conf example a bit more detail with that. I plan on making it easy enough for everything to work out of the box.

I am also having quite the problem trying to get a version of mDNSResponder compiled for cross compilation with it. Does anyone have the sources or the version the chumby team used to get mDNSResponder compiled?

Thanks!

(Quick background. Got Chumby One on the 25th. Already got this done.)

Re: Music Player Daemon for Chumby

Let me go ahead and say there is no Chumby native frontend for it yet, but that's fine for those who aren't familiar, it's controlled just fine over ipv4/ipv6.

It looks like there's an MPD widget available, provided you run the accompanying dongle script:

ChuMPD

Cool, while not full featured it is quite a nice little client. For some reason I was under the impression that it was broken, apparently not, I will be putting that one on my Chumby soon.

Avuton, this is really exciting, and exactly what I was looking for.  What is the status of this and where can I get it? big_smile